I wanted something to eat besides chocolate. We had our Dark Chocolate Coconut Bunny Butt cake for Easter…It was good! I still have some coconut left so I thought I would make a pie. It has been so long since I made this…I just about forgot how. ;D Grab a fork and help yourself….there is always plenty. If not, I can always make more.
Coconut Lemon Custard Pie w/Self Making Crust
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup self rising flour, sift after measuring
- 1 3/4 cups milk, I used fat free
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice…more if you want, just decrease the milk with whatever you are putting in
- zest of one lemon
- 1 cup granulated sugar, may need to add a little more if you are adding additional lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups coconut, shredded
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Grease 10″ glass pie plate.
Whisk everything together in order and pour into a greased glass pie plate. Cook in preheated oven for 35 minutes and turn pie plate around.
Bake another 20-35 minutes until top is browning and knife inserted in middle comes out clean. Cook on a wire rack for at least one hour. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Keep pie in refrigerator. This pie is a little thin so cut yourself a big ole slice of it!