We love potatoes! Actually my boys like more of the french fry version but hubby and I love just about any way you can fix them. This is a favorite. I can see my sweet Mama cooking this many, many years ago. What’s your favorite potato dish? I continue to fix them different ways with hopes of them finally liking them as we do.
I just love the smell of onions and green peppers cooking away! Throw in some potatoes slices and I can make a meal of this dish. My precious Mama would brown hamburger meat first then add the potatoes, onions and peppers. Sometimes I add mushrooms, also. Grounded beef or turkey can also be added.Served with a hunk of bread and this is comfort food to me.
Fried Potatoes, Green Peppers and Onions
- 4 to 6 medium potatoes, however many you need
- 1 small to medium onion
- 1 small green pepper
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- coarse ground garlic with parsley, to taste
- Cut potatoes into slices, place in bowl and covered with water with a teaspoon of salt. Refrigerate. Keeps them fresh and they don’t turn.
- Spray skillet and heat to medium/medium high. Add potatoes and sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic. Add onions and peppers…season again.
- Cook until a little brown on the bottom and flip. Cook until all vegetables are tender and brown.